Whenever you set out to buy a robot vacuum cleaner, it is important to note that they are of different shapes, sizes, and prices as well. The less expensive types have fewer features than the more expensive ones though there are still low budget robot vacuum cleaners that will cost less.
Below is a guide on some of the common features that you will get in robot vacuum cleaners at varying costs:
Robot Vacuum cleaners that Will Cost Less than $300
- They will offer a long cleaning time
- Have a large dustbin
- A remote control system.
- 3-point cleaning system
- The will dock back to the charging position if the battery starts getting low.
- They have various sensors like anti-bumper to protect it against bumping into walls when cleaning, an anti-cliff sensor to offer protection against falling off the stairs, and also know the boundaries of the area it is supposed to clean.
Though the above features will not be as advanced as those of the more expensive brands, most of these low-budget robot vacuum cleaners are worth investing in as they will do the job as good as the expensive brands.
If you need a robot vacuum cleaner that can be controlled by use of wifi connection without spending too much, you can go for Ecovacs Deebot N79 which also costs less than $300.
Robot Vacuum Cleaners that Cost Less than $700
These robot vacuum cleaners are more advanced than the low-budget vacuum cleaners and they will have a better control.
- They have a lighthouse technology that will help them detect areas that have walls and change directions. This is unlike the cheaper robot vacuum cleaners that have to bump to a wall fast before changing the cleaning direction.
- If the charge finished before the cleaning was completed, they will go back to cleaning once they have been fully charged.
- They have a full bin indicator.
- They have a collision detector
- Most of them have a remote control system
- They all have a self-charging base.
- They have a one year warranty period from their manufacturers
- It is possible to schedule the cleaning time
- Most of them can be controlled by use of an app and also have wifi connectivity, making it possible to control them from any location.
The more expensive robot vacuum cleaners also have the basic features that are included in the low-budget brands though they will be more advanced. Some of the most common robot vacuum cleaners in this range include Neato Botvac D3 and the Samsung Powerbot R7070.
Robot Vacuum Cleaners that Cost More than $800
- They have a mapping technology that will help them to know their designated cleaning areas.
- High dirt detecting capability
- They are operated by use of an app which means they can be controlled from any location.
- They do not get stuck in the process of cleaning as a result of the advanced technology.
- They also have a multi-room navigation capability making it possible for them to clean more than one room without any human intervention.
Besides these additional features, you will also get the benefits of other features in the cheaper models though they will be more advanced.
It is important to note that the cleaning abilities in both the expensive and the medium-priced robot vacuum cleaners are almost the same. A person who wants to stand out will, however, go for the more expensive brand which will offer a touch of class.
You can look for a cheaper robot vacuum cleaner and still get more efficiency in the cleaning without spending too much.
When shopping for a robot vacuum cleaner, consider the nature of your house; whether you have a hardwood floor or a carpet, if there are any pets around, among other factors.
You should also consider the budget that you have set aside for the purchase so that you do not put too much strain on your budget.
You should also consider if you will need a robot vacuum cleaner that can be controlled by use of a mobile app, the level of cleaning, and also the battery life. The size of your home should also be put into consideration; a bigger home will need a robot vacuum cleaner that has a longer battery life that will clean an extensive area before running out of charge. Buy a robot vacuum cleaner that has almost all the features that will make it more effective which will either cost less than $300 or over $800.